Mauritius Surf Holidays reflects our love and passion for this wonderful sport. Years of experience on the island looking for the best conditions make us the best companions for your trip: we are happy to teach and guide you to discover this sport.
Kitesurf beginner lessons
You will enter the world of kitesurfing one step at a time, having fun !!! You will be introduced to the the theoretical basis of kitesurfing, and you will acquire some basic practical skills. Gradually, you will learn how to safely control the sail and you will get ready for the first sea trips, which will take place in the following days.
Once gained a proper control of the kite, the real fun begins: you get into the water!! You will start to ride with the body-dragging!!
Now we start to get serious !! You will experience the first departures on water with the board; then, you will get to actual independent navigation, learning the basic rules of navigation.
Access to the course for kids is reserved to age 6-14. We will follow the structure of a basic course, with some adjustments depending on the age. Kids will have a qualified instructor and dedicated materials at their disposal, so to be allowed the necessary conditions to learn and have fun in complete and total safety. The presence of a parent or a guardian is required at least on the first day of course.
FROM FIRST TO THIRD HOUR OF COURSE:
- Basic theoretical information on the wind and the beach
- Use of safety systems
- Kite setup
- Learn how to manage and determine the wind area
- Flying the kite through the wind window
- Assisted launch and land (on the beach)
- Flying a largest kite
- Flying one-handed in the wind window
- Theory and simulation of self rescue in emergency situations
FROM THE THIRD TO THE SIXTH HOUR OF THE COURSE:
- First entry into the water for body dragging
- Move in the water through the kite, without the board
- Move in the water through the kite while generating power
- Learn how to re-launch the kite in the water
- Being dragged sideways with the kite at 45 °
- Practice a self-rescue in the water
- With the feet on the board, learn how to stabilize the kite, one-handed, in the power zone
FROM THE SIXTH TO THE NINTH HOUR OF THE COURSE:
- First water starts with the board and steady pull
- Water starts in both directions with the board and long-lines kite
- Slide on water in both directions
- Beach curtesy and right of way rules in the water
- Create speed by moving the kite while sliding on water with the board
FROM THE NINTH TO THE TWELFTH HOUR OF THE COURSE
- Slow down the speed while moving, up to a complete stop
- Maintaining the correct posture while sailing
- Upwind board recovery without leash
- Sailing downwind in both directions
- Sailing crosswind in both directions
- Sailing upwind in both directions